A Portal or an Escape
Escape
A portal or an Escape? I'm reminded of all the times I felt trapped and sought a getaway, not of body but of mind, Away in a second, catapulted to safety in the twirl of a finger. There one second, gone the next. I had found my exit door, not of wood but of flesh. No nob to turn, but a finger to swish. Then away to safety, through the portal non but I could see. Carried to distant vistas, where was not important, just away was all that mattered. A return trip? Maybe not, I never thought to check whether my ticket was for a two way trip.
Portal
A swirling portal of vibrant colors, where does it lead? What realms beyond imagination lie within? Another world perhaps with boiling seas, raging skies and glassy beaches? Or maybe a gray and dreary place where the only color is the gate before me? Guessing is futile for it doesn't change the fact, here lies the portal, and there beyond is another place. Fantastical not because of what may lay beyond, but for the simple fact a portal could present such a place.



Comments
Post a Comment